Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th 2021
Date: Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th May 2021
Venue: Chose your own location in our 1st virtual Bark For Life
Cost: £6 per dogTime: Chose when and where you wish to do your walk over the weekend of Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th May.
These Rules (the “Rules”) apply to the Bark For Life event taking place on Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th May 2021 (the “Event”) and by registering for the Event, you agree to comply with them. The Event is organised by the Relay For Life Nottingham Committee (“we”, “us”, “our” and the “Committee”) on behalf of Cancer Research UK Trading Limited (a company registered in England and Wales, registered office: Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD, registered company number: 4355631). Cancer Research UK Trading Limited gift aids its taxable profits to Cancer Research UK (a registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666) and the Isle of Man(1103)). ‘Cancer Research UK’ and ‘Cancer Research UK Trading Limited’ are together (“CRUK”).
. Participants must be aged 18 or over at the time of registration.
2. Entrants under the age of 18 must have the permission of their parent or legal guardian before registering to take part in the Event. Participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied at the Event by their parent or legal guardian (or by an over 18 year old who has the permission of that participant’s parent or legal guardian.
3. We reserve the right to refuse entry to any participant who is under age, not accompanied as required or unable to provide their event registration confi rmation, photo ID or other satisfactory proof of age when requested to do so by an Event offi cial.
4. Participants are only eligible to take part in the Event if they have:
i. paid the £6 entry fee
ii. committed to aim to fundraise a minimum of £50 for Cancer Research UK.
5. Given the limited number of spaces for the Event, entry fees are non-refundable. Furthermore, where we have a right to refuse your entry to the Event under these Rules, no refund will be given.
Changes and Last Minute Arrangements
1. We reserve the right to postpone and/or cancel the Event in our absolute discretion due to factors such as (but not limited to) adverse weather conditions.
General Health and Safety
1. Participants must ensure they are su ciently fi t and healthy to take part in the Event. Anyone unsure of their physical ability to take part in the Event must seek medical advice from a General Practitioner prior to the Event.
2. We reserve the right to refuse entry to the Event in our absolute discretion if for whatever reason we consider a person unfit to take part. We may also ask you to withdraw during the event if we have concerns about your ability to complete it due to fitness, injury or otherwise. If you continue, you do so with the understanding that you absolve us and CRUK of all and any responsibility and progress entirely at your own risk.
3. We take all reasonable steps to minimise the risk of injury to participants during fundraising events. There is a risk assessment process in place for the Event which aims to minimise or eliminate the risk to everyone taking part. However, by taking part in the Event, you acknowledge that it is potentially hazardous and that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond our control that can lead to unforeseen risks.
4. All participants, volunteers and spectators enter and attend the Event entirely at their own risk.
5. Participants must call the Event organiser or report to an Event marshal, should they decide not to finish the route before the close of the Event.
6. Participants are responsible for ensuring they are wearing appropriate attire (including footwear) when taking part in the Event, taking into account the nature of the Event, the weather forecast and the terrain involved. We reserve the right to refuse entry to the Event to anyone with inappropriate or missing equipment or clothing.
7. All participants must walk with care and attention and abide by the UK Highway Code and any other rules stipulated by the Event organiser, Event marshals, police and officials.
8. First aid facilities will be provided. Any major incidents should be reported to 999.
9. By taking part in the Event, you consent to receiving medical treatment administered by medically qualified personnel during the Event if required in any circumstances where you are unconscious or otherwise incapable of making a decision regarding medical treatment.
10. Dog owners are responsible for their dog(s) at all times
11. Dog owners (participants) are required to clean up after their dog(s) and respect the country Park code
12. Dogs must be kept on a lead in the car park areas
1. The Committee and CRUK shall not be liable for any injury or loss to persons or their property that might occur as a result of their participation in or attendance at the Event other than in respect of any death or personal injury arising out of the Committee’s or CRUK’s negligence. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in this clause shall exclude or limit the Committee’s or CRUK’s liability for any liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
1. Any participant that is suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs will be refused entry and will not be allowed to participate in the Event.
What you must bring on the day
You must bring the following items with you:
• Full water bottle and food as required
• Water and food for your dog
• Suitable clothing and footwear (taking into account the weather forecast)
• A mobile phone with full battery
• The emergency procedure and emergency contact details (provided at the start)
• A full route map and instructions
Use of Personal Data
1. The personal data you provide to the Committee and/or CRUK when you register for the Event will be used for the purposes of organising, staging and administering the Event, including sending you your fundraising pack. The Committee and/or CRUK may also contact you to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress.
2. Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you where you have confirmed when registering for the Event that you would like to receive further information about the work of the Committee and/or CRUK.
3. If you provide personal data on behalf of additional entrants, please only provide this if they have confirmed that they are happy for you to do so as we will use this information for the same purposes.
4. In the case of an emergency, the Committee and CRUK may pass any personal details provided by you (either when registering for the Event or otherwise) to the emergency services or health care professionals, and also use them for the purposes of contacting your emergency contacts.
5. First aid facilities will be provided at each Event. If you are treated by medical providers, your details may be passed to the Committee and to CRUK. We shall only use these details for health and safety purposes and to fulfil our legal obligations (including those under the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013.) All medical details will be held on the CRUK Accident Database.
6. All personal data held by CRUK will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and CRUK’s Privacy Statement which can be found at www.cruk.org/privacy.
1. By taking part in the Event, all participants, volunteers and spectators agree that they are happy for their names and any video footage, stills or photographs taken of them during the Event by the Committee or CRUK (or by their service providers or agents) to be used by the Committee and CRUK to publicise the Event and for commercial and/or fundraising purposes including, but not limited to, television broadcasts, advertising, publications, marketing material, merchandise, social media, personalised direct mail, social media and other documents that may be made available to the public.
2. The Committee and/or CRUK may appoint third party photographers to take photographs at the Event. All participants agree that photographs featuring them may be sent to them, to other people also featured in those photographs and to children’s parents/legal guardians where children are featured in those photos. Whilst photographers will try to obtain parental/ legal guardian’s consent before taking images where children are more than just incidentally included, this cannot be guaranteed.
Sponsorship Money and Donations
1. Any monies raised in connection with the Event are held on trust for Cancer Research UK and must be passed to Cancer Research UK. We ask that you do this as soon as possible after the Event. You can:
• Pay in your sponsorship money online on your Just Giving page;
• Pay in your sponsorship money on the day as a cheque or
• Send cheques made payable to “Cancer Research UK” to:
Rebecca Elphick, Bark For Life, 23 Mona Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 5BS
2. You have a legal responsibility to ensure that all sponsorship monies/donations received by you for the Event are paid to CRUK.